1. LampitA, HallockH, ValenzuelaMJ (2014) Computerized Cognitive Training in Cognitively Healthy Older Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Effect Modifiers. PLoS Med 11(11): e1001756 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001756
2. (2013 August 10) Brain sells: Commercialising neuroscience. The Economist 408: 56.
3. Posit Science (2014) BrainHQ. Available: http://www.brainhq.com/play. Accessed 14 October 2014.
4. FerreiraN, OwenA, MohanA, CorbettA, BallardC (2014) Associations between cognitively stimulating leisure activities, cognitive function and age-related cognitive decline. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. E-pub ahead of print doi:10.1002/gps.4155
5. WHO (1946) Preamble to the Constitution of the World Health Organization as adopted by the International Health Conference, New York, 19–22 June, 1946; signed on 22 July 1946 by the representatives of 61 States. Official Records of the World Health Organization, no. 2, p. 100 Entered into force on 7 April 1948..
6. Osler W (1920) The Principles and Practice of Medicine. 9th edition. New York & London: Appleton & Co.
7. EllisJ, MulliganI, RoweJ, SackettDL (1995) Inpatient general medicine is evidence based. A-Team, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine. The Lancet 346: 407–410 doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(95)92781-6
8. ChapmanG, TalbotN, McCartneyD, TippettV, BurchD (2013) Evidence based medicine—older, but no better educated? The Lancet 382: 1484.
9. KureshiF, JonesPG, BuchananDM, AbdallahMS, SpertusJA (2014) Variation in patients' perceptions of elective percutaneous coronary intervention in stable coronary artery disease: cross sectional study. BMJ 349: g5309.
10. RauscherFH, ShawGL, KyKN (1993) Music and spatial task performance. Nature 365: 611.
11. ChabrisCF (1999) Prelude or requiem for the ‘Mozart effect’? Nature 400: 826–827 doi:10.1038/23608
12. Voronoff S (1920) Life: A Study of the Means of Restoring Vital Energy and Prolonging Life. Voronoff EB, translator. New York: E.P. Dutton & Co. Available: https://archive.org/details/lifestudyofmeans00vororich. Accessed 14 October 2014.
13. Brown-SequardCE (1889) Note on The Effects Produced on Man by Subcutaneous Injections of a Liquid Obtained from the Testicles of Animals. Lancet 134: 105–107 Available: http://www.usrf.org/news/TRT/Brown-Sequard,%20Lancet,%201889.pdf. Accessed 14 October 2014..
14. MillerN, FulmerBR (2007) Injection, Ligation and Transplantation: The Search for the Glandular Fountain of Youth. J Urol 177: 2000–2005.