1. EppigJT, BlakeJA, BultCJ, KadinJA, RichardsonJE, et al. (2012) The Mouse Genome Database (MGD): comprehensive resource for genetics and genomics of the laboratory mouse. Nucleic Acids Res 40: D881–D886.
2. DwinellMR, WortheyEA, ShimoyamaM, Bakir-GungorB, DePonsJ, et al. (2009) The Rat Genome Database 2009: variation, ontologies, and pathways. Nucleic Acids Res 37: D744–D749.
3. Weinberg RA (2006) The biology of cancer. New York: Garland Science. 850 p.
4. FarajiF, PangY, WalkerRC, BorgesRN, YangL, HunterKW (2012) Cadm1 is a metastasis susceptibility gene that suppresses metastasis by modifying tumor interaction with the cell-mediated immunity. PLoS Genet 8: e1002926 doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1002926.
5. DemantP (2003) Cancer susceptibility in the mouse: Genetics, biology and implications for human cancer. Nature Rev Genetics 4: 721–735.
6. FlintJ, ValdarW, ShifmanS, MottR (2005) Strategies for mapping and cloning quantitative trait genes in rodents. Nature Rev Genetics 6: 271–286.
7. HunterKW, BromanKW, Le VoyerT, LukesL, CozmaD, et al. (2001) Predisposition to efficient mammary tumor metastatic progression is linked to the breast cancer metastasis suppressor gene Brms1. Cancer Res 61: 8866–8872.
8. LancasterM, RouseJ, HunterKW (2005) Modifiers of mammary tumor progression and metastasis on mouse chromosomes 7, 9, and 17. Mammalian Genome 16: 120–126.
9. FrazerKA, EskinE, KangHM, BogueMA, HindsDA, et al. (2007) A sequence-based variation map of 8.27 million SNPs in inbred mouse strains. Nature 448: 1050–1053.
10. KeaneTM, GoodstadtL, DanecekP, WhiteMA, WongK, et al. (2011) Mouse genomic variation and its effect on phenotypes and gene regulation. Nature 477: 289–294.
11. ThreadgillDW, ChurchillGA (2012) Ten years of the collaborative cross. G3 2: 153–156.
12. SvensonKL, GattiDM, ValdarW, WelshCE, ChengR, et al. (2012) High-resolution genetic mapping using the Mouse Diversity outbred population. Genetics 190: 437–447.
13. LloydKC (2011) A knockout mouse resource for the biomedical research community. Ann NY Acad Sci 1245: 24–26.
14. GuanC, YeC, YangX, GaoJ (2010) A review of current large-scale mouse knockout efforts. Genesis 48: 73–85.
15. CuiX, JiD, FisherDA, WuY, BrinerDM, WeinsteinEJ (2011) Targeted integration in rat and mouse embryos with zinc-finger nucleases. Nature Biotechnol 29: 64–67.