1. Pison G. The Population of the World. (2017) Population & Societies. pp.8. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://www.ined.fr/en/publications/population-and-societies/the-population-of-the-world-2017/.
2. McKinsey&Company. Lions on the move. 2016 [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/McKinsey/Featured%20Insights/Middle%20East%20and%20Africa/Realizing%20the%20potential%20of%20Africas%20economies/MGI-Lions-on-the-Move-2-Full-report-September-2016v2.ashx.
3. UN. Sustainable Development Goals. 2015 [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://sustainabledevelopmentunorg/?menu=1300.
4. UN Habitat. The State of African Cities 2018. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://unhabitat.org/books/the-state-of-african-cities-2018-the-geography-of-african-investment/
5. The World Bank. Urban population growth (annual %). 2018 [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.URB.GROW
6. Porter G. Mobile phones, mobility and transport in Africa: Report on African Studies Association of the United Kingdom (ASAUK) 2014. (2014) 14 pp. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/57a089f7e5274a27b2000353/61280-Mobile_phones_mobility_transport_Africa-AFCAP-12090-ASAUK14Report.pdf
7. Knudsen J, von Seidlein L. Healthy homes in tropical zones, Improving rural housing in Asia and Africa. Stuttgart London: Stuttgart: Axel Menges; 2014.
8. Tusting LS, Willey BA, Kleinschmidt I, Dorsey G, Gosling RD, Lindsay SW. The evidence for improving housing to reduce malaria: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Malaria Journal. 2015;14:209. doi: 10.1186/s12936-015-0724-1 26055986
9. Peel M, Finlayson B, Mcmahon T. Updated world map of the Köppen-Geiger climate classification. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions. 2007;1(5):1633–44.
10. Lindeberg YL, Egedal K, Hossain ZZ, Phelps M, Tulsiani S, Farhana I, et al. Can Escherichia coli fly? The role of flies as transmitters of E. coli to food in an urban slum in Bangladesh. Trop Med Int Health. 2018;23(1):2–9. doi: 10.1111/tmi.13003 29121443
11. Emerson PM, Lindsay SW, Walraven GE, Faal H, Bogh C, Lowe K, et al. Effect of fly control on trachoma and diarrhoea. Lancet. 1999;353(9162):1401–3. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(98)09158-2 10227221
12. Zardi O. [Importance of "Musca domestica" in transmission of the trachoma virus]. Nuovi Ann Ig Microbiol. 1964;15(6):587–90. 5832884
13. Bernstein SH. Observations on the effects of housing on the incidence and spread of common respiratory diseases among Air Force recruits. Am J Hyg. 1957;65(2):162–71. 13410907
14. Gelperin A. Relationship of housing to incidence of upper respiratory infection in New Haven grade school children. J Sch Health. 1950;20(10):290–2. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1561.1950.tb00123.x 14804638
15. Gordon SB, Bruce NG, Grigg J, Hibberd PL, Kurmi OP, Lam KB, et al. Respiratory risks from household air pollution in low and middle income countries. Lancet Respir Med. 2014;2(10):823–60. Epub 2014/09/07. doi: 10.1016/S2213-2600(14)70168-7(14)70168-7 25193349
16. Carazo Fernandez L, Fernandez Alvarez R, Gonzalez-Barcala FJ, Rodriguez Portal JA. Indoor air contaminants and their impact on respiratory pathologies. Arch Bronconeumol. 2013;49(1):22–7. doi: 10.1016/j.arbres.2012.04.005 22704531
17. Sundell J, Levin H, Nazaroff WW, Cain WS, Fisk WJ, Grimsrud DT, et al. Ventilation rates and health: multidisciplinary review of the scientific literature. Indoor Air. 2011;21(3):191–204. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0668.2010.00703.x 21204989
18. Chen BH, Hong CJ, Pandey MR, Smith KR. Indoor air pollution in developing countries. World Health Stat Q. 1990;43(3):127–38. 2238693
19. Reboux G, Bellanger AP, Roussel S, Grenouillet F, Millon L. [Moulds in dwellings: health risks and involved species]. Rev Mal Respir. 2010;27(2):169–79. doi: 10.1016/j.rmr.2009.09.003 20206065
20. Sauni R, Verbeek JH, Uitti J, Jauhiainen M, Kreiss K, Sigsgaard T. Remediating buildings damaged by dampness and mould for preventing or reducing respiratory tract symptoms, infections and asthma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;(2):CD007897. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007897.pub3 25715323
21. Radon. IARC Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum. 1988;43:173–259. 3065210
22. Cattaneo M, Galiani S, Gertler P, Martinez S, Titiunik R. Housing, Health, and Happiness. American Economic Journal. 2009;1(1).
23. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA). Electricity and education: The benefits, barriers, and recommendations for achieving the electrification of primary and secondary schools. 2014 [cited 2019 Aug 3].
24. Douglas J. The Home and the School: a study of ability and attainemntin the primary school. London: MacGibbon and Kee; 1964.
25. von Seidlein L, Ikonomidis K, Mshamu S, Nkya TE, Mukaka M, Pell C, et al. Affordable house designs to improve health in rural Africa: a field study from northeastern Tanzania. Lancet Planet Health. 2017;1(5):e188–e99. Epub 2018/06/01. doi: 10.1016/S2542-5196(17)30078-5 29851640
26. Snow WF, Wilkes TJ. The height and direction of non-host oriented flight, and the age, of Anopheles melas in relation to wind direction in The Gambia, West Africa. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1970;64(4):477. Epub 1970/01/01. 5530325
27. Snow WF. Studies of house-entering habits of mosquitoes in The Gambia, West Africa: experiments with prefabricated huts with varied wall apertures. Med Vet Entomol. 1987;1(1):9–21. Epub 1987/01/01. 2908761
28. Tusting LS WB, Lines J. Building malaria out: improving health in the home. Malaria Journal. 2016;15(320).
29. ECO-SHELTER. Shelter starts with a roof over your head. 2019 [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://eco-shelter.org/
30. Couch R. Nonprofit creates roofs from plastic bottles, reducing waste and creating jobs at same time. Huffpost. 2017. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://www.huffpost.com/entry/recycled-plastic-bottles-roofs_n_5499883
31. National Research Council. Roofing in developing countries: research for new technologies. National Academies, 1974. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://www.nap.edu/catalog/20115/roofing-in-developing-countries-research-for-new-technologies
32. Hasan E, Karim M, Shill S, Mia M, Uddin M. Utilization of bamboo as a construction material for low cost housing and resorts in Bangladesh. International Conference on Recent Innovation in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development; Department of Civil Engineering, Gazipur, Bangladesh 2015.
33. Amin M, Kim T, Amin M, Han M. Effects of catchment, frst-flush, storage conditions, and time on microbial quality in rainwater harvesting systems. Water Environ Res. 2013 Dec;85(12):2317–29. doi: 10.2175/106143013x13706200598433 24597047
34. Brikke F, Bredero M. Linking technology choice with operation and maintenance in the context of community water supply and sanitation: a reference document for planners and project staff. WHO, 2003. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/hygiene/om/wsh9241562153.pdf
35. UNHCR. Excreta Management. Chapter 5 2018. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://www.humanitarianlibrary.org/sites/default/files/2018/12/UNHCR%20WASH%20Manual%204th%20Ed%20%28Sept%202018%29.pdf
36. Burn. BURN is revolutionizing the cookstove sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. 2015. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://burnstovescom/.
37. Cundale K, Thomas R, Malava JK, Havens D, Mortimer K, Conteh L. A health intervention or a kitchen appliance? Household costs and benefits of a cleaner burning biomass-fuelled cookstove in Malawi. Soc Sci Med. 2017;183:1–10. Epub 2017/04/26. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2017.04.017 28441633
38. The World Bank. Increasing the use of liquefied petroleum gas in cooking in developing countries. 2017. [cited 2019 Aug 3] http://hdl.handle.net/10986/26569
39. The World Bank. Access to electricity (% of population). 2016. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/eg.elc.accs.zs
40. Lilford RJ, Oyebode O, Satterthwaite D, Melendez-Torres GJ, Chen YF, Mberu B, et al. Improving the health and welfare of people who live in slums. Lancet. 2017;389(10068):559–70. Epub 2016/10/21. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31848-7 27760702
41. Ezeh A, Oyebode O, Satterthwaite D, Chen YF, Ndugwa R, Sartori J, et al. The history, geography, and sociology of slums and the health problems of people who live in slums. Lancet. 2017;389(10068):547–58. Epub 2016/10/21. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31650-6 27760703
42. Centre for Affordable Housing Finance Africa. Housing Finance in Africa Yearbook. 2018. [cited 2019 Aug 3] http://housingfinanceafrica.org/resources/yearbook/
43. Adegoke Y. Social media has become the media in Africa. Quartz Africa 2017. [cited 2019 Aug 3] https://qz.com/africa/919213/social-media-has-become-the-media-in-africa/