1. Glantz SA, Barnes DE, Bero L, Hanauer P, Slade J (1995) Looking through a keyhole at the tobacco industry. The Brown and Williamson documents. Journal of the American Medical Association 274: 219–224. 7609230
2. Malone RE, Balbach ED (2000) Tobacco industry documents: treasure trove or quagmire? Tobacco Control 9: 334–338. 10982579
3. Bero LA (2005) Tobacco industry manipulation of research. Public Health Reports 120: 200–208. 15842123
4. Bero LA, Barnes DE, Hanauer P, Slade J, Glantz SA (1995) Lawyer control of the tobacco industry's external research program. The Brown and Williamson documents. Journal of the American Medical Association 274: 241–247. 7609233
5. Hong MK, Bero LA (2002) How the tobacco industry responded to an influential study of the health effects of secondhand smoke. British Medical Journal 325: 1413–1416. 12480862
6. Ulucanlar S, Fooks GJ, Gilmore AB (2016) The policy dystopia model: An interpretive analysis of tobacco industry political activity. PLoS Med 13(9): e1002125. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1002125
7. Smith EA (2007) 'It's interesting how few people die from smoking': Tobacco industry efforts to minimize risk and discredit health promotion. European Journal of Public Health 17: 162–170. 16837518
8. O'Connor A. (2015) Coca-cola funds scientists who shift blame for obesity away from bad diets. New York Times. 9 August 2015.
9. Oreskes N, Conway E (2010) Merchants of doubt: How a handful of scientists obscured the truth on issues from tobacco smoke to global warming. New York: Bloomsbury Press.
10. Muggli ME, Lockhart NJ, Ebbert JO, Jimenez-Ruiz CA, Riesco Miranda JA, et al. (2010) Legislating tolerance: Spain's national public smoking law. Tob Control 19: 24–30. doi: 10.1136/tc.2009.031831 19850551
11. Kelton MH Jr., Givel MS (2008) Public policy implications of tobacco industry smuggling through Native American reservations into Canada. Int J Health Serv 38: 471–487. 18724578
12. Landman A, Ling PM, Glantz SA (2002) Tobacco industry youth smoking prevention programs: protecting the industry and hurting tobacco control. American Journal of Public Health 92: 917–930. 12036777
13. Farrelly MC, Healton CG, Davis KC, Messeri P, Hersey JC, et al. (2002) Getting to the truth: evaluating national tobacco countermarketing campaigns. American Journal of Public Health 92: 901–907. 12036775