1. HsuTH, SpindlerKR (2012) Identifying host factors that regulate viral infection. PLoS Pathog 8: e1002772.
2. DunkerAK, GoughJ (2012) Sequences and topology: intrinsic disorder in the evolving universe of protein structure. Curr Opin Struct Biol 21: 379–381.
3. XueB, DunkerAK, UverskyVN (2012) Orderly order in protein intrinsic disorder distribution: disorder in 3500 proteomes from viruses and the three domains of life. J Biomol Struct Dyn 30: 137–149.
4. GöthelSF, MarahielMA (1999) Peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerases, a superfamily of ubiquitous folding catalysts. Cell Mol Life Sci 55: 423–436.
5. ThaiV, RenestoP, FowlerCA, BrownDJ, DavisT, et al. (2008) Structural, biochemical, and in vivo characterization of the first virally encoded cyclophilin from the Mimivirus. J Mol Biol 378: 71–86.
6. NakagawaM, SakamotoN, TanabeY, KoyamaT, ItsuiY, et al. (2004) Specific inhibition of hepatitis C virus replication by cyclosporin A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 313: 42–47.
7. WatashiK, HijikataM, HosakaM, YamajiM, ShimotohnoK (2003) Cyclosporin A suppresses replication of hepatitis C virus genome in cultured hepatocytes. Hepatol 38: 1282–1288.
8. GaneEJ (2008) The natural history of recurrent hepatitis C and what influences this. Liver Transplant 14 Suppl 2: S36–44.
9. DornerM, HorwitzJA, DonovanBM, LabittRN, BudellWC, et al. (2013) Completion of the entire hepatitis C virus life cycle in genetically humanized mice. Nature 501: 237–241.
10. LimPJ, GallayPA (2014) Hepatitis C NS5A protein: two drug targets within the same protein with different mechanisms of resistance. Curr Opin Virol 8C: 30–37.
11. FernandesF, AnsariIH, StrikerR (2010) Cyclosporine inhibits a direct interaction between cyclophilins and hepatitis C NS5A. PloS ONE 5: e9815.
12. ChatterjiU, LimP, BobardtMD, WielandS, CordekDG, et al. (2010) HCV resistance to cyclosporin A does not correlate with a resistance of the NS5A-cyclophilin A interaction to cyclophilin inhibitors. J Hepatol 53: 50–56.
13. CoelmontL, HanoulleX, ChatterjiU, BergerC, SnoekJ, et al. (2010) DEB025 (Alisporivir) inhibits hepatitis C virus replication by preventing a cyclophilin A induced cis-trans isomerisation in domain II of NS5A. PloS ONE 5: e13687.
14. WatashiK, IshiiN, HijikataM, InoueD, MurataT, et al. (2005) Cyclophilin B is a functional regulator of hepatitis C virus RNA polymerase. Mol Cell 19: 111–122.
15. FernandesF, PooleDS, HooverS, MiddletonR, AndreiAC, et al. (2007) Sensitivity of hepatitis C virus to cyclosporine A depends on nonstructural proteins NS5A and NS5B. Hepatol 46: 1026–1033.
16. YangF, RobothamJM, GriseH, FraustoS, MadanV, et al. (2008) Cyclophilin A is an essential cofactor for hepatitis C virus infection and the principal mediator of cyclosporine resistance in vitro. J Virol 82: 5269–5278.
17. KaulA, StaufferS, BergerC, PertelT, SchmittJ, et al. (2009) Essential role of cyclophilin A for hepatitis C virus replication and virus production and possible link to polyprotein cleavage kinetics. PLoS Pathog 5: e1000546.
18. MoradpourD, PeninF (2013) Hepatitis C virus proteins: from structure to function. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 369: 113–142.
19. NagA, RobothamJM, TangH (2012) Suppression of viral RNA binding and the assembly of infectious hepatitis C virus particles in vitro by cyclophilin inhibitors. J Virol 86: 12616–12624.
20. GriséH, FraustoS, LoganT, TangH (2012) A conserved tandem cyclophilin-binding site in hepatitis C virus nonstructural protein 5A regulates Alisporivir susceptibility. J Virol 86: 4811–4822.
21. AnsariIUH, AllenT, BericalA, StockPG, BarinB, et al. (2013) Phenotypic analysis of NS5A variant from liver transplant patient with increased cyclosporine susceptibility. Virology 436: 268–273.
22. HowardBR, VajdosFF, LiS, SundquistWI, HillCP (2003) Structural insights into the catalytic mechanism of cyclophilin A. Nat Struct Biol 10: 475–481.
23. GambleTR, YooS, VajdosFF, von SchwedlerUK, WorthylakeDK, et al. (1996) Crystal structure of human cyclophilin A bound to the amino-terminal domain of HIV-1 capsid. Cell 87: 1285–1294.
24. GittiRK, LeeBM, WalkerJ, SummersMF, YooS, et al. (1996) Structure of the amino-terminal core domain of the HIV-1 capsid protein. Science 273: 231–235.
25. GallayPA, PtakRG, BobardtMD, DumontJM, VuagniauxG, et al. (2013) Correlation of naturally occurring HIV-1 resistance to DEB025 with capsid amino acid polymorphisms. Viruses 5: 981–997.
26. RenX, HurleyJH (2011) Proline-rich regions and motifs in trafficking: from ESCRT interaction to viral exploitation. Traffic 12: 1282–1290.
27. FraustoSD, LeeE, TangH (2013) Cyclophilins as modulators of viral replication. Viruses 5: 1684–1701.