1. Marmot M, Allen J, Boyce T, Goldblatt P, Morrison A. Marmot Review 10 Years On. 2020. Available from: http://www.instituteofhealthequity.org/resources-reports/marmot-review-10-years-on. [cited 2020 June 1].
2. NHS England. Complex vulnerability service for children and young people Available from: https://www.england.nhs.uk/ltphimenu/wider-social-impact/complex-vulnerability-service-for-children-and-young-people. [cited 2020 June 1].
3. Bann D, Johnson W, Li L, Kuh D, Hardy R. Socioeconomic inequalities in childhood and adolescent body-mass index, weight, and height from 1953 to 2015: an analysis of four longitudinal, observational, British birth cohort studies. The Lancet Public Health. 2018;3(4):e194–e203. doi: 10.1016/S2468-2667(18)30045-8 29571937
4. Love R, Adams J, Atkin A, Van Sluijs E. Socioeconomic and ethnic differences in children’s vigorous intensity physical activity: a cross-sectional analysis of the UK Millennium Cohort Study. BMJ Open. 2019;9(5):e027627. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-027627 31133593
5. Dobbins M, Husson H, DeCorby K, LaRocca RL. School-based physical activity programs for promoting physical activity and fitness in children and adolescents aged 6 to 18. Cochrane Db Syst Rev. 2013.
6. Corder K, Sharp SJ, Jong ST, Foubister C, Brown HE, Wells EK, et al. Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the GoActive intervention to increase physical activity among UK adolescents: A cluster randomised controlled trial. PLoS Med. 2020;17(7): e1003210. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1003210
7. Love R, Adams J, van Sluijs EM. Are school‐based physical activity interventions effective and equitable? A meta‐analysis of cluster randomized controlled trials with accelerometer‐assessed activity. Obes Rev. 2019; 20(6):859–70. doi: 10.1111/obr.12823 30628172
8. Enright E, Kirk D, Macdonald D. Expertise, neoliberal governmentality and the outsourcing of health and physical education. Discourse. 2020;41(2):206–22.
9. Swinford S. Boris Johnson to launch war on fat after coronavirus scare. The Times. 2020 May 15. Available from: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-to-launch-war-on-fat-after-coronavirus-scare-flgswhmvx. [cited 2020 June 1].
10. OFSTED. Obesity, healthy eating and physical activity in primary schools. 2018. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/obesity-healthy-eating-and-physical-activity-in-primary-schools. [cited 2020 June 1].
11. Van Belle S, Wong G, Westhorp G, Pearson M, Emmel N, Manzano A, et al. Can “realist” randomised controlled trials be genuinely realist? Trials. 2016;17(1): 313. doi: 10.1186/s13063-016-1407-0 27387202